Please find details regarding the return and refund policies for Microsoft below. We encourage you to leave a
comment regarding your experience requesting a return or refund from Microsoft so others can benefit from what
To return a product for refund:
- Send the product back to use within 45 days of purchase.
- Provide proof of purchase, such as the original receipt, canceled check or credit card statement showing the purchase.
- Provide your contact information (name, full address, phone number and e-mail).
- Uninstall any software products returned from your computer and destroy all backup copies.
- Include any manuals that came with the product.
- Provide a brief explanation for the reason of return.
- Provide the name and address of the retailer where the product was purchased.
The product must be sent to our return center by a traceable method of shipping, such as FedEx, UPS, certified and insured mail, DHL or Airborne.
Note that certain products, such as XBOX consoles or Zune Media Player are not eligible for a refund.
Valid refund requests will be processed in 2 – 4 weeks from receipt by the Microsoft Return Center. We will refund you a maximum of $7 for the cost of shipping the product back to Microsoft, unless you can provide valid proof that the cost of shipping was greater than $7.